Seconds count when it comes to a heart attack. So does top quality care. Thanks to our state-of-the-art catheterization (cath) lab, your heart will get the interventions it needs quickly and excellently.
Designed for speed
Our cath lab was designed to provide care quickly and efficiently. That’s why our helicopter pad was built directly over the cath lab and the emergency room. Patients experiencing a cardiac emergency have the quickest, closest access to our cath lab so treatment can begin quickly.
The American College of Cardiology recommends a door-to-balloon time of 90 minutes. The average for Northwest Regional Heart & Vascular is under 70 minutes.
Designed for quality
Our cath lab is staffed by interventional cardiologists — doctors who perform specialized diagnostic procedures as well as minimally invasive treatments using our cath lab’s extensive equipment. They are assisted by technologists and registered nurses specially trained in cardiac care.
Our cath lab procedures and technologies include:
- Intra-aortic balloon pump
- Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) closures
- Rotational angiography with CT overlay ability
- SyncVision intracardiac and intravenous imaging
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Updated Siemens imaging equipment with reduced radiation