High-quality testing for vascular conditions
Having accurate, quick answers is vital to helping you and your doctor create a treatment plan to help you feel better sooner. Our outpatient vascular ultrasound lab offers a wide range of noninvasive blood vessel imaging exams accredited by the International Accreditation Commission.
Our certified vascular ultrasound technicians are specially trained to perform testing on arteries and veins in various areas of the body. The results of these exams are interpreted by a team of specialized physicians including vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists and radiologists who perform vascular procedures.
Types of vascular imaging
Our vascular lab offers a variety of imaging options covering:
- Carotid arteries in the neck.
- Abdominal aorta.
- Arteries and veins in the arms, legs and feet.
- Arteries to your stomach, kidneys, spleen and intestines.
These vascular studies are used to help diagnose and guide the treatment of many conditions including:
- Carotid artery stenosis (disease) – narrowing of the carotid arteries.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and aneurysms in the leg arteries.
- Peripheral artery disease or blockages in the leg arteries caused by atherosclerosis (plaque buildup).
- Pain, cramping or early tiredness in your lower legs while walking.
- Blood flow blockage or nonhealing wounds on your feet.
- Raynaud’s Disease or the narrowing of veins in the hands and feet.
- DVTs or blood clots in the veins of the arms or legs.
- Fistulas for hemodialysis.
- Venous (vein) disease causing lower leg swelling, discoloration and varicose veins.
- Renal artery stenosis or blockages in the arteries that supply your kidneys.
- Mesenteric artery stenosis or blockages in the arteries that supply your stomach, spleen and intestines.
Connect with us
The vascular lab is open weekdays at our Portland location. You can reach us by calling 503-251-6131 and choosing option 1.
For referring physicians
Our services include:
- Abdominal aorta iliac duplex
- Carotid artery duplex
- Lower extremity arterial duplex
- Mesenteric duplex
- Renal artery duplex
- Rest and stress Doppler ankle brachial indices
- Temporal artery duplex
- Upper extremity arterial duplex
- Upper and lower extremity venous duplex
- Venous insufficiency duplex
Vascular imaging can be ordered within Adventist Health via Epic or outside of Adventist Health by any provider. We communicate results to the provider. Results are also documented and integrated within the patient’s electronic health record.